Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » plans(how to use the tooling with plans instead of par)
plans [message #906902] Sun, 02 September 2012 22:41 Go to next message
daniel marthaler is currently offline daniel marthalerFriend
Hi all

What is the recommended way to work with plans instead of PAR's using STS with Virgo tooling?

Does anybody have a workaround or best practice since plans are not yet supported with Virgo tooling?

Any suggestion is appreciated...

Regards,
Dani
Re: plans [message #906927 is a reply to message #906902] Mon, 03 September 2012 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi Dani,

As you say, there isn't yet explicit support for that. But actually, maintaining the plan document itself is straightforward. You can open it from within Eclipse, of course, and when you save it the plan will be updated. Otherwise, it get's down to the usual issues of working with dependencies and so on. Note that the new version of Virgo tooling does provide tools that allow you to more easily inspect artifacts on the server and so on, so perhaps that will be some help. You might consider checking out the plan related bugs and make suggestions for additional features. For example, I think that drag and drop support for dependencies would be nice. This fits in with some of the PDE stuff as well.

Sorry I can't be more help.

cheers,

Miles
Re: plans [message #907078 is a reply to message #906927] Mon, 03 September 2012 09:02 Go to previous message
daniel marthaler is currently offline daniel marthalerFriend
Hi Miles

Thank you for your explanation about that topic. I was just hoping that there is a way how i could work with plans integrated in STS. Anyway, i will of course post suggestions when i have a good idea how to raise user experience in Virgo tooling.

I have seen that in context menu of the project there is an option to add plan project nature (Virgo | Add OSGi Plan Project Nature). Whats its use? Is this the approach how you like to bring plan support to Virgo tooling?

Sorry for all the questions, but i really want to build future projects on the Virgo platform because, i find it awesome! You guys are really doing a great job, Thank You Very Happy

Regards,
Dani
Previous Topic:Virgo Nano Web tooling support
Next Topic:Security Manager + Virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:41:15 GMT 2024