Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » symbols not resolving in eclipse, but resolving on command line
symbols not resolving in eclipse, but resolving on command line [message #906830] Sun, 02 September 2012 17:55 Go to next message
Sunil Matta is currently offline Sunil MattaFriend
Eclipse : Juno

I have a whole c++ project setup and compiling on the command line (gcc 4.7) and from within emacs, producing object files and an executable.

I wanted to use eclipse for the project and imported this existing makefile project in. All was ok.

However, when I opened one of the source files in the eclipse editor, I now get a bunch of errors for shared_ptr not being resolved at

using <memory>
using std::shared_ptr;

I have had std=c++0x as a make flag and including <memory>

This doesnt make sense since the project did compile in eclipse when I first imported the project. This happened when I open the file with shared_ptr in the editor ???

Please note that my entire project works when compiling from the command line. (And runs afterwards Smile

tia,

Sunil
Re: symbols not resolving in eclipse, but resolving on command line [message #907028 is a reply to message #906830] Mon, 03 September 2012 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
These are messages from the internal code analyzer. You're index is not setup correctly.
See http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#CDT_does_not_recognize_C.2B.2B11_features
point "Source navigation and symbol resolving"

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: symbols not resolving in eclipse, but resolving on command line [message #907291 is a reply to message #907028] Mon, 03 September 2012 17:18 Go to previous message
Sunil Matta is currently offline Sunil MattaFriend
I looked at the directions on this page provided, however, I dont see any option labeled "compiler invocation arguments" in discovery options.

(ps. I have all the correct flags in the makefiles - the project has been building using the existing makefile for some time now. I wanted to see if I could use the ide for development).

Is the faq outdated as far as the proper way to setup discovery options ?
Previous Topic:GDB Hardware Debugging
Next Topic:Automate addition of symbols , includes, source filters for new projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:51:59 GMT 2024