Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » JUNO j2ee ide is not starting.(Unzipped the juno x86 zip in my windows xp sp3 32 bit machine. It is not starting and it is giving the following error: )
JUNO j2ee ide is not starting. [message #904854] Wed, 29 August 2012 09:27 Go to next message
Karthik Subramanian is currently offline Karthik SubramanianFriend
Unzipped the juno x86 zip in my windows xp sp3 32 bit machine. It is not starting and it is giving the following error: NOTE: that the reported file is there in the given directory...

!SESSION 2012-08-29 13:06:49.933 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20120608-1400
java.version=1.6.0_29
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-08-29 13:07:01.888
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
C:\store\work\tools\eclipse-jee-juno-win32\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\629\2\.cp\swt-win32-4233.dll: Error performing inpage operation
no swt-win32 in java.library.path
C:\Documents and Settings\XYZ\.swt\lib\win32\x86\swt-win32-4233.dll: Error performing inpage operation
Can't load library: C:\Documents and Settings\XYZ\.swt\lib\win32\x86\swt-win32.dll

at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:331)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:240)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(C.java:21)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:138)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:650)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplication.java:154)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:96)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
Re: JUNO j2ee ide is not starting. [message #904888 is a reply to message #904854] Wed, 29 August 2012 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<UPDATE> Tried reinstalling and upgrading java aswell. Issue still perstists
Re: JUNO j2ee ide is not starting. [message #905200 is a reply to message #904854] Wed, 29 August 2012 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Karthik Subramanian wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
C:\store\work\tools\eclipse-jee-juno-win32\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\629\2\.cp\swt-win32-4233.dll: Error performing inpage operation
no swt-win32 in java.library.path
C:\Documents and Settings\XYZ\.swt\lib\win32\x86\swt-win32-4233.dll: Error performing inpage operation
Can't load library: C:\Documents and Settings\XYZ\.swt\lib\win32\x86\swt-win32.dll

I'm surprised to see one dll in the eclipse\configuration directory and another copy of the same(?) under Documents and Settings\XYZ\.swt.

I've seen a lot of trouble lately that was just caused by installing stuff on top of a read-only install of Eclipse.

Maybe at one point you launched Eclipse with write permissions into the eclipse folder and another time you did not have these permissions?

If any of that kind is involved I can only advise to unpack Eclipse as the same user (and not into any protected area like C:\Program Files) who will later use (and update) Eclipse. I don't know a lot about win xp, though.

HTH,
Stephan
Re: JUNO j2ee ide is not starting. [message #905301 is a reply to message #905200] Thu, 30 August 2012 05:53 Go to previous message
Thanks Stephan.I am the admin user so no chance of write access. I am not using the program files either. I tried to give full permissions to the directory unpacked as well, but still no luck Sad Interesting thing is that the eclipse exe copies the dll to the documents and settings even if we delete it. But some how the swt-win32.dll error keeps coming back again.
Previous Topic:Setting up Java with Eclipse
Next Topic:Navigate Debug Thread view?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:46:04 GMT 2024