Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » predefined math functions
predefined math functions [message #903978] Mon, 27 August 2012 13:39 Go to next message
biks triks is currently offline biks triksFriend
Hello!

Is there any way that I can use mathematical functions (add, sub...) on stored values? If there is, how can I do that? Smile

Thanks!
Re: predefined math functions [message #904095 is a reply to message #903978] Mon, 27 August 2012 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Im not sure I understand your question. If you have stored your values in variables you can use them by referencing them as $variablename. If that wasn't the problem please elaborate.

- Achim
Re: predefined math functions [message #904389 is a reply to message #904095] Tue, 28 August 2012 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biks triks is currently offline biks triksFriend
Well, I have 3 stored values: store_value_1, store_value_2 and store_value_3.

I need to check whether are store_value_1 + store_value_2 = store_value_3. What Action and Function should I use to calculate that? I've tried with Action "Check string values" (because stored values are decimal). For "Parameter Value 1" I would like to use function such as ?add($store_value_1, $store_value_2), "Action Type" is equals, and "Parameter Value 2" is store_value_3. But that doesn't work... Very Happy
Re: predefined math functions [message #904518 is a reply to message #904389] Tue, 28 August 2012 15:28 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Without knowing what doesn't work (or what you expect versus what you receive), it's hard to give a concrete answer. Nevertheless, here's a few pointers:
- Read the documentation on the predefined functions. It explains which format the functions are calculated / processed in
- Bear in mind you may need to use the functions trunc or round to get the numbers you need
- If you're having trouble with more complex functions, then break each part of the function down and check your interim results e.g. by entering the interim value via replace text into a text field. That should help you see where you're going wrong.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula for Windows 8
Next Topic:Object recognition in HTML-AUT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:03:11 GMT 2024