Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Uninstalled Model Addon Show Error continuously.
Uninstalled Model Addon Show Error continuously. [message #903875] Mon, 27 August 2012 02:39 Go to next message
Jeeeyul Lee is currently offline Jeeeyul LeeFriend

Model AddOn shipped by uninstalled bundle, show errors continuously in Error log view.
How do I flush MApplication model cache?
Re: Uninstalled Model Addon Show Error continuously. [message #904007 is a reply to message #903875] Mon, 27 August 2012 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

If I am understanding the questiong, [AFAIK] I do not believe there is a way to flush the cache at runtime. However, by starting your application with the flag -clearPersistedState it will prevent the loading of any persisted application model. Or you can always delete the the workbench model from your workspace before you start.
Your/Workspace/Loc/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi

JD
Re: Uninstalled Model Addon Show Error continuously. [message #904025 is a reply to message #904007] Mon, 27 August 2012 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks!

I think It should better with some mechanism which check uninstalled add-on automatically.
Re: Uninstalled Model Addon Show Error continuously. [message #904098 is a reply to message #904025] Mon, 27 August 2012 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Jeeeyul, I'm still not clear what the problem is. You uninstall an add-on on runtime and you get an error logged? What is the error? I think there's a cleanup addon around but I'm not sure if it deals with this case. If you describe the issue better (ideally file a bug on e4/runtime) we can take a look at it.
Re: Uninstalled Model Addon Show Error continuously. [message #904179 is a reply to message #904098] Tue, 28 August 2012 00:23 Go to previous message

Application Model is serialized and deserialized when eclipse is launching. (E4Application#loadApplicationModel(IApplicationContext, IEclipseContext)

What if I uninstalled bundles which contributed Model Addons,
then Add-Ons which are contributed by uninstalled Contributor(Bundle) can be remains.
E4 Application can't resolve contributed URI(because there is no contributor), so it logs an error.

Log seems like to:
eclipse.buildId=I20120608-1400
java.version=1.6.0_31
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=ko_KR
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product

Error
Tue Aug 28 09:19:35 KST 2012
Unable to retrieve the bundle from the URI: bundleclass://org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.liveeditor/org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.liveeditor.OpenLiveDialogHandler (contributed URI)

Previous Topic:Zest integration
Next Topic:Focusing windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:30:05 GMT 2024