Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP - Debugging which plugin is missing from target platform
RCP - Debugging which plugin is missing from target platform [message #903659] Fri, 24 August 2012 18:19 Go to next message
Stacey Hopkins is currently offline Stacey HopkinsFriend

I am building an RCP using a target platform.

The issue I have is that when I run the app using the target platform it does not work.... no error message, no error in the console... nothing it just does not work properly.

When I run the app selecting all plugins in my eclipse platform it works fine... so I conclude the target platform is missing one or more vital plugins..... but how do I work out which ones it is.

I believe I have setup all my dependencies ok in my plugins (but maybe I haven't?)....

It's something that has been bothering me for a while that I don't really have a efficient way of working this out. I had a similar issue last time and managed to get there more by luck than skill.

Any pointers or shoves in the right direction appreciated.... thanks!
Re: RCP - Debugging which plugin is missing from target platform [message #904399 is a reply to message #903659] Tue, 28 August 2012 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Meyer is currently offline Richard MeyerFriend
have you try "Validate Plug-ins" in the Plug-ins tab of your run configuration?
Re: RCP - Debugging which plugin is missing from target platform [message #905623 is a reply to message #904399] Thu, 30 August 2012 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup
Re: RCP - Debugging which plugin is missing from target platform [message #905624 is a reply to message #905623] Thu, 30 August 2012 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to no avail Sad
Re: RCP - Debugging which plugin is missing from target platform [message #905626 is a reply to message #905624] Thu, 30 August 2012 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be clear I am not looking for a specific answer .... I am looking for community tips on how people go about debugging this issue, if there are any?
Re: RCP - Debugging which plugin is missing from target platform [message #905646 is a reply to message #905626] Thu, 30 August 2012 20:00 Go to previous message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
I remember that I had problems a couple of weeks ago when I configured a special target platform for my application. A certain plugin was available twice in the plattform definition with the result that none was properly loaded. It took me quite a while to figure it out. In cases like this I would start the application with the -console argument and check the bundle states by entering "ss". Maybe some vital plugins are not activated. If so try to activate them via the console and see what happens.

Good luck
Thorsten
Previous Topic:Product with updateable features
Next Topic:Loading a plugin programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:46:14 GMT 2024