Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Figure for custom palette component & attributes(How to provide new figure for a created custom component)
Figure for custom palette component & attributes [message #903179] Wed, 22 August 2012 12:28
Bartosz Raczek is currently offline Bartosz RaczekFriend
Hi,

First post, so hello everyone.

I'm using eclipse Indigo to write some extenstions to the HTML editor of the WTP project.
I've managed to add new palette, some custom tag components and some commands to it.
What I don't know is a how to provide custom figure to the component - the standard html components have their figure returned by: "org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.figurehandler.FigureFactory"

I can always modify the source code of the original "pagedesigner" project
like:
if ("input".equalsIgnoreCase(tag)) {
return new InputFigureHandler();
(this is what I did for now)
but I wonder if there is a better way to do this (maybe some extension point or something)?

-----
The second case is attributes for custom component (tag). Is there a way to provide set of attributes to the every component (like size, width, style.., custom ones)?
At this time I'm generating the attribues from code like this and they are visible in properties editor:
<custom_tag someProp="value" />
But when we manualy delete "someProp" from source code there will be no sign of the attribute in the properties view.

Some suggestions how to provide attribues to the properties view?
Previous Topic:WTP for eclipse Galileo
Next Topic:git jsdt connection reset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:37:45 GMT 2024