Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Label ICON in a modal dialog doesn't display! Why?
Label ICON in a modal dialog doesn't display! Why? [message #902769] Mon, 20 August 2012 11:25 Go to next message
andreas gk is currently offline andreas gkFriend
Hi,

in my GUI RCP plug-in I use icons for marking some of the controls. Everything works fine except of when I do it in a modal dialog. Then, the icons in front of the label controls are not displayed!
I don't understand why it is so: in normal forms the icons are shown correctly, in modal dialogs they don't appear at all.

I use the same call everywhere:

Image image = ResourceManager.getPluginImage("<my-plugin-id>", "icons/myicon.jpg");
lblSettingName.setImage(image);

Can you help me out?
Thanks in advance
Andreas
Re: Label ICON in a modal dialog doesn't display! Why? [message #902794 is a reply to message #902769] Mon, 20 August 2012 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
I believe this is OS or SWT limitation.
Do you have icon if you run this dialog outside of WindowBuilder?

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Label ICON in a modal dialog doesn't display! Why? [message #902923 is a reply to message #902794] Tue, 21 August 2012 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I forgot to mention: when I start my program in Eclipse then everything works fine. Icons appear correctly, in the modal dialog, as well.
But if I start the program stand-alone, outside of Eclipse and WindowBuilder, then the error is there.
Re: Label ICON in a modal dialog doesn't display! Why? [message #902973 is a reply to message #902923] Tue, 21 August 2012 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May be you don't include your icons into application?
Is your program an RCP application?
You can not use "getPluginImage" in non-RCP ones, just because there are no plugins in other case.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Label ICON in a modal dialog doesn't display! Why? [message #902984 is a reply to message #902973] Tue, 21 August 2012 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The icons are in the application. The are inside of the jar plug-in file.
Yes, my plug-in is a part of an RCP application.
Re: Label ICON in a modal dialog doesn't display! Why? [message #903011 is a reply to message #902984] Tue, 21 August 2012 15:38 Go to previous message
Sorry, I don't know without looking to very specific example.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Previous Topic:Converter
Next Topic:Error when opening a part on Kepler (4.3M1)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:00:08 GMT 2024