Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Add and remove plugins to the plugin folder in a RCP application
Add and remove plugins to the plugin folder in a RCP application [message #902338] Fri, 17 August 2012 07:35 Go to next message
Girish Chandran is currently offline Girish ChandranFriend
Iam a new comer to the eclipse plugin development. When, i came across certain plugin concepts, some questions arise in my mind.

I came to know from the plugin concept that for a plugin based product, if we would like to add a new feature, say to perform certain validation, we just need to drop a particular plugin in which the validation logic is written. Similarly, if we would like to remove certain features from our product, we just require to remove the particular plugin providing the feature.

I tried to do the same operation in one of the RCP product build by me. I tried to remove a plugin from the plugin folder to disable a particular feature in my application. But it was getting the error message as below,

!MESSAGE Bundle com.my.app.application_1.0.0.201208101553 [6] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 com.my.app.application 2 0 2012-08-17 12:37:13.256
!MESSAGE Missing imported package com.my.app.views.console_0.0.0.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-08-17 12:37:13.256
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "com.my.app.application.application" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.equinox.app.error.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
Re: Add and remove plugins to the plugin folder in a RCP application [message #902908 is a reply to message #902338] Tue, 21 August 2012 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Girish Chandran is currently offline Girish ChandranFriend
No one to help??
Re: Add and remove plugins to the plugin folder in a RCP application [message #902997 is a reply to message #902338] Tue, 21 August 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

You can't just delete a plugin from the folder, you also need to change the configuration. The configuration has a list of features it looks for, not a folder and blindly load everything thats there (e.g. you can't just add something to the folder and expect it to work).

Check out some of these tutorials:
http://www.vogella.com/articles/Eclipse3RCP/article.html
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Rich_Client_Platform
Re: Add and remove plugins to the plugin folder in a RCP application [message #902998 is a reply to message #902338] Tue, 21 August 2012 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

You can't just delete a plugin from the folder, you also need to change the configuration. The configuration has a list of features it looks for, not a folder and blindly load everything thats there (e.g. you can't just add something to the folder and expect it to work).

Check out some of these tutorials:
http://www.vogella.com/articles/Eclipse3RCP/article.html
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Rich_Client_Platform
Re: Add and remove plugins to the plugin folder in a RCP application [message #904396 is a reply to message #902338] Tue, 28 August 2012 11:22 Go to previous message
Richard Meyer is currently offline Richard MeyerFriend
try
eclipse.exe -clean
Previous Topic:Project does not rebuild (SOLVED)
Next Topic:eclipse JUNO performance problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 09:25:02 GMT 2024