Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Is there a way to instruct p2 UI agent to use bundlepool location?
Is there a way to instruct p2 UI agent to use bundlepool location? [message #901985] Wed, 15 August 2012 12:07 Go to next message
Jan Arciuchiewicz is currently offline Jan ArciuchiewiczFriend
I'm first using director to install eclipe based rpc app (using both shared location and bundle pool).

I can then successfully installs,uninstall additional feature IUs using director application.

I can see in UI installation details and history but then I have a problem when I try to revert to previous state from user interface.

It looks like it doesn't take into account the bundlepool location from profile (I guess it is stored in 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.cache' property) when it tries to install back the updated/uninstalled plugins.

Also when I try to install new features from UI it installs them in the installation folder not in bundlepool folder.

Is there a way (for example a config property) to tell UI p2 agent what location (bundlepool) it should use for installation?

Re: Is there a way to instruct p2 UI agent to use bundlepool location? [message #909829 is a reply to message #901985] Fri, 07 September 2012 21:55 Go to previous message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
I'm surprised by the fact that the p2.cache is not used. Please open a bug with a reproductible test case.
The bundle pool is really identified by the p2.cache variable. Once it has been set you should not have to set it again.
Previous Topic:P2 missing requirement org.w3c.dom
Next Topic:Dependency satisfaction with different bundle versions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 09:16:48 GMT 2024