Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Editing models using ModeLink
Editing models using ModeLink [message #901092] Thu, 09 August 2012 18:10 Go to next message
Marcio Oliveira is currently offline Marcio OliveiraFriend
Hi,

I installed the Epsilon tool in the Eclipse Juno 4.2.0.
Following the ModeLink Screencast, I create 3 metamodels (lets say A,B and C) and 3 models conforming to them.
After editing models A and B to fill some information, I used the Modelink to map some information form them into the C model.

However, I could not edit any model form the Modelink Editor.
I can edit them using Exeed in Juno or using the previous Eclipse version, Indigo.

In the forum I read msg form people using Epsilon within Eclipse Juno.
My distribution is the one from the Modelling Project, in which I did not install all components (only ATL, EMF, GMF, OCL, QVTo, and Xpand).

Having some one experiencing similar problem with Modelink and Juno?

thanks

Re: Editing models using ModeLink [message #901097 is a reply to message #901092] Thu, 09 August 2012 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Marcio,

Which version of Epsilon are you using? Is it the latest stable version, the latest interim version, or are you running Epsilon straight from its source code?

I recall that ModeLink in the latest stable version of Epsilon had several issues with editing models on Juno. I believe these are solved in the latest interim release, as I've been successfully using ModeLink on Juno for about two months.

Could you update to the version of Epsilon in this update site, and try again?

http://download.eclipse.org/epsilon/interim/

Sorry for the trouble,
Antonio
Re: Editing models using ModeLink [message #901253 is a reply to message #901097] Fri, 10 August 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for you answer.
I should have informed the Epsilon version too, sorry. It is form the update site: 0.9.1.201107251201.

Now I tried the interim version: 0.9.1.201205201154
I still having some errors:

1- I property pane is empty even for items that have properties
2- I can only edit the last model opened with exceed.
Ex. I opened the model A, added some info using exceed;
Late I opened the modelink model to edit it, but
does not matter which model I select (left, middle or right) the
editing options in the context menu
are always elements form the metamodel A.

If I have just opened the eclipse, I cannot edit any model again.

There is any error msg. that give a hint about that.

How can I solve this problem?
There is some more information that I could provide to help?

Thanks again
Re: Editing models using ModeLink [message #901357 is a reply to message #901253] Sat, 11 August 2012 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

We ran into those issues some time ago as well, and I think we fixed it around June or early July. I think we did release an interim in early July with all those fixes, but the version in the actual interim update site seems to be from May, judging from the qualifier (201205200154).

I'll look into it and see why the update site wasn't properly updated. Sorry for the trouble!
Re: Editing models using ModeLink [message #901374 is a reply to message #901357] Sat, 11 August 2012 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It appears there was a slight problem with the upload of the latest interim version, and you were seeing an old release (May 2012). I've uploaded a new interim release. Please update your Epsilon installation.

You should see a few new features (we've split some big features apart) and all the version numbers should begin with "0.9.1.201208". You may need to uninstall your current version of Epsilon first, since the old and new features are not a 1:1 match.
Re: Editing models using ModeLink [message #902090 is a reply to message #901374] Wed, 15 August 2012 19:17 Go to previous message
Hi Antonio,

I re-installed the Epsilon and the Modelink worked fine!

Thanks for your answers.
Previous Topic:guard variables scope
Next Topic:No pre/post conditions in ETL?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:26:59 GMT 2024