Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » User defined attributes for the graphical elements on the canvas
User defined attributes for the graphical elements on the canvas [message #901056] Thu, 09 August 2012 14:39 Go to next message
Amneris T is currently offline Amneris TFriend
Hi graphiti community,

I am currently trying to implement a graphiti editor which supports something like user defined attributes for the graphical elements on the canvas.
I have searched for examples in the documentation and on the web, but havent found anything. In GMF it was very easy to achieve that the user could drag and drop attributes from the palette to an existing diagram element which would be displayed eg with a small graphical icon and a textfield at a fixed position in the parent element. Can you perhaps give me a hint on how something similar is possible in graphiti?
For a start it would also be helpful to know how to display attributes of the metamodel classes in the graphical elements.
Eg if my metamodel class has an attribute of type String, I would like to have a section in the rectangle shape which displays this text, and which allows the editing of this text.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,
Amneris
Re: User defined attributes for the graphical elements on the canvas [message #901320 is a reply to message #901056] Fri, 10 August 2012 19:24 Go to previous message
Jos Warmer is currently offline Jos WarmerFriend
Hi,

You can use a shape container to embed your attribute strings inside any box.
And you should look at the DirectEditingFeature of Graphiti.
This feature allows you to directly edit text on the canvas as you request.

I have no access to any examples at this moment, you need to dig into these further yourself.

Jos

[Updated on: Fri, 10 August 2012 19:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:DirectEdit checkbox
Next Topic:Resizing Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 21:15:12 GMT 2024