Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Juno exits with error Gtk error, does not save open files, etc.
Juno exits with error Gtk error, does not save open files, etc. [message #899689] Wed, 01 August 2012 20:54 Go to next message
Dev Team is currently offline Dev TeamFriend
I am using Juno vanilla SDK, no plugins. It exits each time with following error:

Gtk:ERROR:gtkwidget.c:8843:gtk_widget_real_map: assertion failed: (gtk_widget_get_realized (widget))

The next time I open Eclipse, I have to start from scratch. All open files, the explorer view, etc. have to be reopened.

With Indigo, it saved all my previously opened files and restored the perspective to the state it was in before I quit. It is very irritating to have to do this every time.

Moreover, if I customize the perspctive in any way, those changes are lost too. (Even after doing a save perspective.)

Any ideas?
Re: Juno exits with error Gtk error, does not save open files, etc. [message #899822 is a reply to message #899689] Thu, 02 August 2012 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Is this a crash, or does that error occur on File > Exit?

The window layout and the perspective definitions are persisted as part of the application model, which is saved at application exit time. If Eclipse crashed (which I've seen a lot of on CentOS 5.Cool then the application model won't have been saved.

Brian,
Re: Juno exits with error Gtk error, does not save open files, etc. [message #899853 is a reply to message #899822] Thu, 02 August 2012 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dev Team is currently offline Dev TeamFriend
This is on normal File > Exit.

Just open eclipse, open a few files and exit, and it throws the error.
Re: Juno exits with error Gtk error, does not save open files, etc. [message #900069 is a reply to message #899853] Fri, 03 August 2012 19:30 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
I use Eclipse 4.2 a lot on Linux and I haven't seen that particular problem. Unfortunately SWT sometimes seems very sensitive to older versions of GTK. There a a number of fixes going into SWT-GTK for 4.2.1 (thanks to RedHat and the regular SWT committers at IBM) so it should get better.

I suggest you open a bug against SWT and include as much detail as possible about your OS, GTK version, and any log files. If you can attach to Eclipse with GDB just before you hit Fle > Exit, then you might be able to get a stack trace which would likely be enormously helpful.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform&component=SWT&version=4.2

Brian.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 August 2012 19:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:(Announce) Jeeeyul's Eclipse Theme - Chrome has been updated!
Next Topic:does e4 tool support eclipse 3.7.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:48:08 GMT 2024