Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Object references(How to find out who is holding reference(s) to a given object)
Object references [message #899418] Tue, 31 July 2012 18:21 Go to next message
Ashfaque Mohammad is currently offline Ashfaque MohammadFriend
Hi,

In Eclipse Memory Analyzer, using OQL I can query instaces of a given class. But my question is from the result if I select an instance, how to find-out who is holding reference to the selected object.

Regards.
Ash.
Re: Object references [message #899478 is a reply to message #899418] Wed, 01 August 2012 06:30 Go to previous message
Krum Tsvetkov is currently offline Krum TsvetkovFriend
Hi Ash,

the context menu should be available on the objects you seleced. From the context menu you have then different possibilities:
* List objects -> with incoming references - this lets you open the inbound refs one by one
* Path to GC Roots - will show you the shortest reference chains from the GC roots to your object
* Immediate Dominators - this will show you who is retaining the object (look for dominators in the help of the tool for some explanation)

BTW. you can also get all objecs of a given class by opening the class histogram and filter for the class you need.

Does this help?
Krum
Previous Topic:Parsing Heap Dump Error in MAT
Next Topic:Leak suspect report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:04:28 GMT 2024