Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » PartDescriptor in fragments
PartDescriptor in fragments [message #899250] Tue, 31 July 2012 08:41 Go to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Hello folks,

I'm creating an eclipse based aplpication.
To make it simple, I have 2 projects in my Eclipse workspace :
- One main plugin project (almost empty, basically a container) (Let it be project A)
- One second plugin project which contribute to the first one. (Let it be project B)

In my project B, I create a fragment for contributin to model in A. I managed to create menus, and parts : fragment is well loaded. But now I want to contribute using PartDescriptor (to allow multiple instance of the same view)

To create this from code, I use EPartService being injected in a Command, by calling ePartService.findPart(myDescriptorId). But this always returns null. I double checked, the myDescriptorId is correct.

If I dig down in debug mode to the descriptor list of the application, I cannot see my descriptor.

I tried to use different features names when creating my Partdescriptor :
- PartDescriptor
- sharedElements

None of them work...
I think it might be linked to this bug, but not sure :
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384514

Anyone already managed to have PartDescriptor working in fragments ??

Thanks
Re: PartDescriptor in fragments [message #899307 is a reply to message #899250] Tue, 31 July 2012 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Bug 384514 is about the model editor, not a runtime issue.

Try using the Live Model editor at runtime to inspect your running model. It sounds like your part descriptor wasn't successfully bound from your fragment.

Brian.
Re: PartDescriptor in fragments [message #899312 is a reply to message #899250] Tue, 31 July 2012 13:02 Go to previous message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Hi Bryan,

I already checked using the Live Editor. The defined fragment is not visible in the Part Descriptor list.
For some reason, the Part Descriptor is not loaded/bounded. But I cannot find why...
Is there any log where I can search for an error ? or a trace that the fragment is loaded. Is it possible that the fragment is loaded to a wrong feature ?
Previous Topic:Juno with Batik 1.7
Next Topic:Selection with tools.compat wrappers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:11:37 GMT 2024