Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Refresh and classpath initialisation
Refresh and classpath initialisation [message #898865] Sat, 28 July 2012 11:58 Go to next message
Nicolas  Lalevée is currently offline Nicolas LalevéeFriend
I have a bug in the plugin I maintain: ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-302

This issue is that in the IvyDE classpath container configuration, there are some Eclipse variables to resolve to some file in the project. When a project is imported into the workspace, it is refreshed so that files starts to exist from Eclipse point of view. As far as I understand, the classpath initialisation (which calls my IvyClasspathInitializer) is triggered by the refresh of the .classpath. But every file is not yet refreshed. So I cannot try to configure the IvyDE container, it fails immediately while resolving eclipse variable.

I already had that kind of issues years ago with IvyDE. It was storing its setup in some preference files. And the classpath container was builded before the preferences files were available. So I move every configuration bit into the classpath container path so they end up in the .classpath.

Here I don't know what much to do.
I have made the actual computation of the IvyDE container done in a Eclipse job, so the computation can happen after the refresh. I tried every kind of scheduling rule, nothing seems to matter, it get executed before the end of the refresh. The only things that worked is doing a Thread.sleep of arbitrary few seconds. But this is a quite ugly solution.

Is there anyway to to it properly ? How a ClasspathInitializer is supposed to work while the files are not yet there ?
Re: Refresh and classpath initialisation [message #901392 is a reply to message #898865] Sat, 11 August 2012 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody has ideas ?
Re: Refresh and classpath initialisation [message #946074 is a reply to message #901392] Mon, 15 October 2012 23:14 Go to previous message
Sorry to bump this thread again, but I really would like some hint to solve this.
Previous Topic:Reusing Interface Selection UI JDT
Next Topic:[compiler] EclipseCompiler does not ask JavaFileManager for input files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:51:48 GMT 2024