Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Different test results between GUI Jubula and test executor via command line(Execute Extenal Command test case causes different results)
icon5.gif  Different test results between GUI Jubula and test executor via command line [message #896221] Tue, 17 July 2012 15:53 Go to next message
Oscar Trejo-Soria is currently offline Oscar Trejo-SoriaFriend
Hi,

I was trying to run test executor using a configuration file, and after the executor finished doing all the test cases, several tests fail. After taking a closer look, I noticed that all of the fail cases were "ub_app_executeExternalCommand" that I had in different parts of my entire test. The reason according to given results was because the command was not found. I checked the path of my command (which exists), I tried using quotes (") and many other things, but failing to have the desired results.

Then, what I decided to do was to run the tests via GUI. Surprisingly, all the test cases were successfully completed. I did not have any error. Is there any type of bug on the command line or am I missing something?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Thanks,

Oscar Trejo.
Re: Different test results between GUI Jubula and test executor via command line [message #896842 is a reply to message #896221] Fri, 20 July 2012 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The first thing to look at would be your relative paths and whether you are executing the command locally or remotely - more information on relative paths and the execute external command is in the reference manual. Relative paths (such as current directory) in the command itself could also be different depending on where you are running the test from. A third possibility is the difference in working directory between the AUT Agent and the Embedded Agent.

Maybe one of these avenues is what you need to fix the problem.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Different test results between GUI Jubula and test executor via command line [message #896974 is a reply to message #896842] Fri, 20 July 2012 15:45 Go to previous message
Oscar Trejo-Soria is currently offline Oscar Trejo-SoriaFriend
Thanks, Alex. There was a difference in working directory between the AUT Agent and the Embedded Agent. That solved my problem!

Thanks.
Previous Topic:where can I find Jubula Future plans?
Next Topic:Observation mode's problem recording TableViewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:38:32 GMT 2024