Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » In design tab palette misplaced(eclipse 4.2 juno + windowbuilder 20120611)
icon5.gif  In design tab palette misplaced [message #895676] Sat, 14 July 2012 17:30 Go to next message
Dariusz Lapidarny is currently offline Dariusz LapidarnyFriend
Hello,

I've downloaded under ubuntu 12.04 (64bit) the newest Eclipse Juno 4.2 and then I've installed all packages connected with windowbuilder 4.2 (from "install new software" window). Everything is working fine until I click "design" tab in SWT project (class for applicationWindow). The problem is palette is totally misplaced and docked on the top left corner of eclipse. What can cause a problem? Earlier I've had Indigo and everything was warking fine (everything with windowbuilder, I had problems with another plugins so I've switched to Juno).

I'm new to eclipse and java itself, maybe I've missed something obvious for regular user of eclipse.

I've tried:
- reinstalling windowbuilder
- windowbuilder version for indigo (3.7)
- linux shell (unity with compiz and unity 2d without compiz)
- palette is misplaced also on Swing project
* it looks the same in any combination

I've found two links
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=385103 (just started)
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=368543 (tips don't work)

index.php/fa/10709/0/

[Updated on: Sat, 14 July 2012 18:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: In design tab palette misplaced [message #895690 is a reply to message #895676] Sun, 15 July 2012 01:28 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
This is a known Eclipse issue. Whether it is an Eclipse bug or a Linux bug, I don't know. It definitely is not a WindowBuilder bug. All I can do is point you to all of the different ideas suggested in Eclipse Bug 368543. Several of those ideas have worked for other folks running into the same issue.
Previous Topic:text in button
Next Topic:How Can I Add Another Tab With "Source and Design" Tabs in WindowBuilder?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:11:12 GMT 2024