Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » How to run the examples?(Running a sapphire example that involves a .xsd)
How to run the examples? [message #894640] Mon, 09 July 2012 23:06 Go to next message
Balamurali Ananthan is currently offline Balamurali AnanthanFriend
Hello,

I was able to install Sapphire SDK and when I instantiated a new Eclipse from the examples plugin, I am able to see the 'Sapphire Samples' in the main menu. I am able to play with the different EzBug -> File Bug Report forms.

However I am clueless on how to run an example that involves an .xsd file - like the address or calendar or contacts examples. Are there any documentation on how to play with these examples?

Apologies if this question is too primitive and thanks much in advance!
Bala Ananthan
Re: How to run the examples? [message #894649 is a reply to message #894640] Tue, 10 July 2012 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
Hey Bala,

To see the Map and Contacts editors in action just create an empty text file in your workspace called, map.xml or contacts.xml, then the default editor for those will be the sapphire based one.
Re: How to run the examples? [message #894791 is a reply to message #894640] Tue, 10 July 2012 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
We could use some documentation about the samples. In the meantime, as Greg has stated, most samples are accessible by creating a file with a certain name or a certain extension. Here is a listing:

Contacts - contacts.xml
Calendar - calendar.xml
Gallery - sapphire-gallery.xml
EzBug Editor - bugs.xml
Map - map.xml
Architecture - architecture.xml
Purchase Order - *.po

You can see how the sample editors are registered with the system by looking in plugin.xml of the samples project.

- Konstantin
Re: How to run the examples? [message #894839 is a reply to message #894791] Tue, 10 July 2012 17:26 Go to previous message
Balamurali Ananthan is currently offline Balamurali AnanthanFriend
I was creating the blank xml files through File->New->XML File instead of File->New->File. Now all the examples works.

Thanks much for your responses.
Previous Topic:Regarding 0.5.1 and thanks.
Next Topic:Sharing Model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:51:06 GMT 2024