Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Regression in Juno? Dragging source files between Windows(When using two Eclipse windows on different monitors)
Regression in Juno? Dragging source files between Windows [message #894541] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:35 Go to next message
Tom G is currently offline Tom GFriend
I'm not sure if this is a regression or a missed setting in my installation of Juno, but I can no longer drag source files between running Eclipse instances.

Previously in Indigo if I had one instance of Eclipse running on my left-hand monitor, and I selected "Window->New Window" to create a new instance (and put it on my right-hand monitor), if I had a source file open in one window (say, on the left monitor) I could drag it by it's tab to the other running instance of Eclipse (on the right-hand monitor) and it would move the open file from one window to another.

In Juno, if I perform the same effective mouse movement, it creates a floating window with the content of the file instead and never recognises the other Eclipse window as a valid drop target.

Is this a change in functionality, a regression or some configuration I've missed? It was a default in Indigo (and Ganymede from memory - it's part of my normal development workflow that is now missing)

Update
I just ran my archive copy of Indigo (I'm linux based, so I have Ganymede, Indigo and Juno all running alongside each other) and the drag-drop between running windows works fine. Indigo is also significantly more responsive than Juno.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2012 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Regression in Juno? Dragging source files between Windows [message #894657 is a reply to message #894541] Tue, 10 July 2012 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Eclipse Community Forums: Newcomers for general discussion.
Eclipse Community Forums: Eclipse 4 for e4 specific discussion.
Eclipse Community Forums: Eclipse Platform for platform specific discussion.

>Eclipse 4.2 in now the mainstream platform for the Eclipse community. The existing Eclipse 3.x code stream is being put into maintenance mode.
(quoted from http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20120627_junorelease.php)

Juno 3.8, the direct successor of Indigo 3.7, is still available at Eclipse Project 3.x Stream Downloads
(no all-in-one packages though)

Juno 4.2 is based on e4 project.(or so to say overcovered by e4) There are differences, regressions, incompatibilities, bugs, etc.
You'll be able to find something in forums above or bugzilla.
Re: Regression in Juno? Dragging source files between Windows [message #894672 is a reply to message #894657] Tue, 10 July 2012 05:37 Go to previous message
Tom G is currently offline Tom GFriend
Cheers, I will move my query to the appropriate forum.
Previous Topic:How to remove smart quotes from text file?
Next Topic:[Q] Build Path - difference between Use as a source and Include
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:53:47 GMT 2024