Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Incorrect pagination for a report with chart and tabular data.
Incorrect pagination for a report with chart and tabular data. [message #894115] Fri, 06 July 2012 17:32 Go to next message
R J is currently offline R JFriend
Hi

I am using BIRT 2.6. I have a report consisting of report title, report subtitle, chart and tabular data. The tabular date has a header row followed by the report details.

I see an issue in a specific case -
When the size of the report title, report subtitle and chart are big enough to fit a page, the header row of the tabular data repeats. Please see the attached image.
The error occurs in cases when I export the report to Word or Print preview the document.
The PDF export or the usual rendering of the report in browser works fine. In the usual rendering of the report, the data is paginated. Whereas in case of the Print the entire report is displayed in a separate browser window.

If the report title, chart are small to fit on a page and some rows from detail can be included on the same page, then the report works fine. It's only in cases where the data is big, that I see this issue.

The requirement is that the chart be displayed on the first page of the report only, subsequent pages display the tabular data.

index.php/fa/10607/0/

Thank you.

RJ
Re: Incorrect pagination for a report with chart and tabular data. [message #894124 is a reply to message #894115] Fri, 06 July 2012 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

I assume you can not upgrade to 3.7?
If not try setting the page break interval on the table to 0. Another
option is to just put a page break after on the chart.

Jason

On 7/6/2012 1:32 PM, R J wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using BIRT 2.6. I have a report consisting of report title, report subtitle, chart and tabular data. The tabular date has a header row followed by the report details.
>
> I see an issue in a specific case -
> When the size of the report title, report subtitle and chart are big enough to fit a page, the header row of the tabular data repeats. Please see the attached image.
> The error occurs in cases when I export the report to Word or Print preview the document.
> The PDF export or the usual rendering of the report in browser works fine. In the usual rendering of the report, the data is paginated. Whereas in case of the Print the entire report is displayed in a separate browser window.
>
> If the report title, chart are small to fit on a page and some rows from detail can be included on the same page, then the report works fine. It's only in cases where the data is big, that I see this issue.
>
> The requirement is that the chart be displayed on the first page of the report only, subsequent pages display the tabular data.
>
>
>
> Thank you.
>
> RJ
>
Re: Incorrect pagination for a report with chart and tabular data. [message #894577 is a reply to message #894124] Mon, 09 July 2012 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Jason for the reply. No I cannot upgrade to 3.7 Smile
I will try the other 2 approaches and post it back soon.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2012 16:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Incorrect pagination for a report with chart and tabular data. [message #894579 is a reply to message #894577] Mon, 09 July 2012 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason, As a followup to your suggestion, I presume 3.7 resolves this issue?

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2012 22:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Incorrect pagination for a report with chart and tabular data. [message #894656 is a reply to message #894579] Tue, 10 July 2012 02:29 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Lots of pagination issues were fixed in 3.7. You might just download 3.7 or 4.2, real quick and check the output of your report. Just make sure you make a copy of your report and use a different workspace so you don't accidentally upgrade you design version and make it not work in 2.6. Does putting a page break after the chart not work for you?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:BIRT Problem in Export into Excel sheet
Next Topic:Generate excel reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:34:24 GMT 2024