Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » how to configure the directory structure in eclipse for jstl(getting the unavailability of index.jsp file )
how to configure the directory structure in eclipse for jstl [message #893037] Mon, 02 July 2012 11:58 Go to next message
Inamul Haque is currently offline Inamul HaqueFriend
Hi sir
I have developed first jstl application in eclipse helios3.6 but not able to run successfully.

I know why it is happening , just because of mis-configuration of the directory stucture. how can i configure it properly, the directory structure in eclipse automatically created and somewhat i have created as follows:

Please help me out

Regards
inam
Re: how to configure the directory structure in eclipse for jstl [message #893041 is a reply to message #893037] Mon, 02 July 2012 12:14 Go to previous message
sallie freeman is currently offline sallie freemanFriend
JSTL stands for JavaServer Pages Standard Tab Library. It is a set of JavaSW tag libraries that simplify coding on JSPsW, giving your JSP page a tag (like HTMLW and XMLW) look-and-feel rather than a scriptlet/Java look-and-feel. Personally, I think JSTL is a great tool for performing tasks such as iterating over relatively simple data structures and similar tasks. Some developers act as if scriptletS code is evil, but in my opinion, scriptlets do have their place. In my opinion, JSTL is great for simple stuff while scriptlet code is best for stuff that would be extremely difficult to try to do in JSTL.

In this tutorial, I'll show how to set up JSTL for your application, and describe a little about how JSTL works.

The JSTL jarW files are hosted on the ApacheSW Jakarta Taglibs site, located at akarta[dot]apache[dot]org/taglibs/. At the time of this writing, you can download the JSTL jars at Within the zip file that you can download are two jar files, jstl.jar and standard.jar.

Add jstl.jar and standard.jar to the WEB-INF/lib directory of your web application project, and include them in your project's classpathW while you work on your project. In the old days, you would need to add 'tld' entries to your web.xmlW file. However, these days, this is unnecessary with the current JSP specification, since the tag libraries can actually be found within the jar files.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Putting Your phone away & Paying attention to those talking to you? There's an App for that its called "RESPECT"
Previous Topic:Introduction
Next Topic:Problem with tabbed editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:33:30 GMT 2024