Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Official upgrade route for 3.x to Juno
Official upgrade route for 3.x to Juno [message #892921] Sun, 01 July 2012 22:12 Go to next message
Chris Bruniges is currently offline Chris BrunigesFriend
Hi,

What's the official upgrade route for Eclipse 3.x (specifically Indigo) to Juno?

From a search on stack overflow (easiest-way-to-upgrade-eclipse-3-7-to-4-2-juno - sorry won't let me post links) it would seem to be that you need to start from scratch, which is somewhat of a hassle.

I know you can add your software through file->import software from existing, and some preferences through the same, but it doesn't seem to catch perspectives and upgrade sites. I'm not sure what else it's missing. Adding all this stuff in manually when you're being paid to write code is a bit...

Otherwise, I've tried adding the juno update site, but I seem to get a few conflicts from everything else, so I'm not sure if this is such a good idea?

If there's an upgrade guide specific to Juno that I've missed that would be great?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Re: Official upgrade route for 3.x to Juno [message #892923 is a reply to message #892921] Sun, 01 July 2012 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Lazare is currently offline Bob LazareFriend
No way for me.. I've done a fresh install of eclipse 4.2.0 (Juno).
But you keep all your settings and project in your workspace...
So it's Ok...
Re: Official upgrade route for 3.x to Juno [message #892925 is a reply to message #892923] Sun, 01 July 2012 23:17 Go to previous message
Chris Bruniges is currently offline Chris BrunigesFriend
I know project settings (which compiler is used to compile foo-bar, what files are included and source) are kept there, are the UI settings there as well?

I'm pretty sure you're right and UI settings are there too, but either way, opening the workspace with 4.2 on Ubuntu doesn't seem to acknowledge them. The perspectives are still in their default one-screen has it all look. Right clicking reset on a perspective, or switching to a different perspective doesn't do anything either.

Exiting Juno and opening the same workspace with Indigo has my customised perspectives, so it doesn't seem like they have been clobbered by anything...
Previous Topic:Activity bindings vs model processors
Next Topic:Eclipse Juno on Fedora 17 update problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:57:36 GMT 2024