Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » app doesn't open any view nor editor after update to juno
app doesn't open any view nor editor after update to juno [message #892791] Fri, 29 June 2012 17:11 Go to next message
Luiz E. is currently offline Luiz E.Friend
I have a RCP app built with Eclipse 3.7. Today I updated to Juno, with the following target definition:
    <location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeConfigurePhase="false" includeMode="planner" includeSource="true" type="InstallableUnit">
    <unit id="org.eclipse.platform.feature.group" version="4.2.0.v20120608-135145-9JF7BHV8FyMteji0Oi_ePMz0xuZ8TVo7lV0z0ecb"/>
    <unit id="org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature.group" version="3.6.0.v20120522-1813-7P7OG2BFLWUl7UmbVUO9iCm"/>
    <unit id="org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.feature.group" version="2.4.0.v20120608-r11652"/>
    <repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno"/>
    </location>

When I click to open a view, the SQL that loads the records that are shown on view runs fine, but the view doesn't open
I thought the problem could be with perspective or something else, but it wasn't
this is my `Perspective` class

public void createInitialLayout(IPageLayout layout) {
        //IPartService partService = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getPartService();
        //partService.addPartListener(new PerspectiveListenerAdapter());
        this.layout = layout;
        String editorAreaId = layout.getEditorArea();
        layout.createPlaceholderFolder(FI_TOP, IPageLayout.TOP, ratioTop, editorAreaId);
        layout.createPlaceholderFolder(FI_BOTTOM, IPageLayout.BOTTOM, ratioBottom, editorAreaId);

//layout.setEditorAreaVisible(false);
    }

Everything that is commented was discommented before (and doesn't made ant difference).
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance and sorry abou my english
Re: app doesn't open any view nor editor after update to juno [message #894014 is a reply to message #892791] Fri, 06 July 2012 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Are the any errors in your workspace/.metadata/.log? Anything if you run with -consolelog?
Re: app doesn't open any view nor editor after update to juno [message #894018 is a reply to message #894014] Fri, 06 July 2012 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope...nothing...
I've tried again, and now, it works, but my editors doesn't open
I guess the API has changed a lot on editors...today, we open an editor like this

getSite().getPage().openEditor(editorInput, "br.com.pkg.editorId");

when updating to juno, it doesn't open :\

actually, I just update to Eclipse 3.8. Update to Juno was postponed to the next months Smile
when i realise how to open editors correctly, we'll keep the update process
Re: app doesn't open any view nor editor after update to juno [message #894148 is a reply to message #894018] Fri, 06 July 2012 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
That's the same code I'm using in a different app, and it works fine. You'll need to dig deeper; install the Eclipse SDK and start stepping in.

Brian.
Re: app doesn't open any view nor editor after update to juno [message #894509 is a reply to message #894148] Mon, 09 July 2012 13:39 Go to previous message
Well, thats the exception I get when I try to open an editor
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.findElementsRecursive(ModelServiceImpl.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.findElements(ModelServiceImpl.java:213)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.addPart(PartServiceImpl.java:756)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.addPart(PartServiceImpl.java:924)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.showPart(PartServiceImpl.java:946)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3071)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$21(WorkbenchPage.java:2996)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$8.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2978)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2974)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2933)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2916)
	at br.com.germantech.ecf.aplicacao.commands.OpenEmissaoNFeEditor.execute(OpenEmissaoNFeEditor.java:22)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:76)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:210)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:851)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(HandledContributionItem.java:744)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.access$7(HandledContributionItem.java:728)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem$4.handleEvent(HandledContributionItem.java:667)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:916)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:585)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:540)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at br.com.germantech.ecf.aplicacao.internal.Application.start(Application.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
Previous Topic:Localizing Enums
Next Topic:Link between a view and an editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 11:07:44 GMT 2024