Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Custom Content Assistance without specifying XSD location.
Custom Content Assistance without specifying XSD location. [message #892368] Wed, 27 June 2012 22:28 Go to next message
rohit chawla is currently offline rohit chawlaFriend
Hi guys,

I need to provide custom content assistance for a custom content type(xml types).
I have the xsd which needs to provide the assistance.

But the xsd location cannot be specified in the document file nor the namespace can be declared.

Is there a way by which I can associate that xsd to document file by extending some functionality of content assistance, without explicitly specifying xsi:schemaloaction in the document file.

Thanks.
Re: Custom Content Assistance without specifying XSD location. [message #892632 is a reply to message #892368] Thu, 28 June 2012 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rohit chawla is currently offline rohit chawlaFriend
Can someone please reply?? Or can someone tell me a more agile eclipse community or blogs?

[Updated on: Thu, 28 June 2012 20:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom Content Assistance without specifying XSD location. [message #894780 is a reply to message #892632] Tue, 10 July 2012 14:02 Go to previous message
Nick Sandonato is currently offline Nick SandonatoFriend
Hi,

You should be able to use the extension point org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.externalSchemaLocations. It requires that you provide an implementation of org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.contentmodel.modelquery.IExternalSchemaLocationProvider. The URI argument for the method getExternalSchemaLocation(URI) is the URI of an XML file that you may or may not be concerned with providing the schema for. If it is, you can return a map with the key being SCHEMA_LOCATION with a value of a whitespace-separated string like you would specify for the schemaLocation attribute. Alternatively, you can have the key as NO_NAMESPACE_SCHEMA_LOCATION and the value as a singular schema location.
Previous Topic:Using a User Library of jars on the Tomcat classpath
Next Topic:intellisense for JSDT libraries not working with Eclipse 3.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:08:30 GMT 2024