Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Can't have 2 Check component text event handlers
Can't have 2 Check component text event handlers [message #891738] Mon, 25 June 2012 16:50 Go to next message
Daniel Vasilev is currently offline Daniel VasilevFriend
in my test case I have a check component with text. where I check the lagel of the current wizard page to see if thats the one I need. if it failes than I click next one more time.

this works great

the problem is when I try to add another one like this for some other page later on in the wizard, I only get 3 options for type. I dont get the option "check fails"
  • Attachment: CheckIf.JPG
    (Size: 38.28KB, Downloaded 231 times)
Re: Can't have 2 Check component text event handlers [message #892124 is a reply to message #891738] Wed, 27 June 2012 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

You can read about the concepts behind event handlers in the user manual.
You can only have one event handler per type per Test Case. What you are trying to do sounds like an excellent candidate for making a separate Test Case that contains step and the event handler, then reusing this Test Case wherever you need it.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Can't have 2 Check component text event handlers [message #892328 is a reply to message #892124] Wed, 27 June 2012 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Vasilev is currently offline Daniel VasilevFriend
Hi Alex.

I got what you are saying, I created two test cases that I called "Check if X page reached" "Check if y page reached" and they only have the "ub_ctx_checkText" action in them with an event handler for each that in case of a failure will click "next" and in case its good it will simply continue with the test.
(I am writing this long reply for future users that might search this up when trying to figure out how to do this Smile )

and it works very well.

Thank you for the help.
Re: Can't have 2 Check component text event handlers [message #892412 is a reply to message #892328] Thu, 28 June 2012 07:31 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Glad it's working Smile One tip - do you really need *two* separate Test Cases? If they do the same thing, then one Test Case should be enough - you can parametrize the data you want to check, and "reassign" the component names so the same Test Case can deal with different data and components when you reuse it Smile

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Plugin to recognize all widgets or controls
Next Topic:Jubula Maven Integration for 'Eclipse-Plugin' test automation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:02:25 GMT 2024