Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » options for selenium when starting html aut(window settings for html aut)
icon5.gif  options for selenium when starting html aut [message #889666] Tue, 19 June 2012 13:07 Go to next message
Flo Ryan is currently offline Flo RyanFriend
Hi Folks,

I'm able to start html AUTs with ie. A browser window called "Remote Control" appears after starting the AUT - that browser window is started through selenium-driver with the size of approx 960x680.

My AUT needs at least a window of 1024x768 to be shown properly.
You can find two links "edit profile" and "logout" in top right region of my AUT. When AUT is started I can't see the "logout"-Button without using the horizontal scrolling bar to get to the most-right-window region...

i think thats where my problem comes from:

did the object mapping: started om-editor --> started aut --> started object mapping mode (target-icon) --> hold ctrl+shift+q and clicked on my logout-link-element --> mapped unassigned component name with technical name --> saved and stopped the object mapping mode. NOTE: I had to scroll to max right before i was able to collect the logout-link. I didn't collected the edit profile-link - cause i don't wanna use it atm!

I've added the Testcase "PerformLogout" to my testsuite. When i'm running it the test fails. Application screenshots shows that "edit profile" was called instead of "logout" (which i was planning to test).

i'm now assuming jubula tries to check the most top-right element in visible window-region - and that was in this case the "edit profile" link instead of expected "logout"....

now i was looking for some information how selenium is called from jubula standalone but i couldn't find something useful. the idea was to open my AUT in full-screen mode or in a fixed size window to avoid this behaviour.

any idea how to achieve this?

thanks in advance

Flo
Re: options for selenium when starting html aut [message #1753054 is a reply to message #889666] Wed, 01 February 2017 13:20 Go to previous message
Florian Weiß is currently offline Florian WeißFriend
Hi Guys,

I've got a somewhat similar problem cause when I start the browser then the size is to small to work with it, so I tried to maximize the Window using ALT+SPACE followed by x but then I realized that my Firefox isn't startet as the activ application on my screen. Therefore most of the time the key combination is working on other applications and not the browser.

My question is now wether there is a way to start the browser maximized or to focus the browser so that all key operations will work on it?

The problem with not working key operations also only exists when trying to test it on the VM with Windows Server 2012, when testing it on Windows 7 there isn't any problem at all.

Thanks in advance

Florian
Previous Topic:Problem for mapping french keyboard
Next Topic:Where to set the polling interval for retries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:03:22 GMT 2024