Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » No differences for different models !
No differences for different models ! [message #889474] Tue, 19 June 2012 09:13 Go to next message
El Arbi Aboussoror is currently offline El Arbi AboussororFriend
Hi,

I have 2 different models and when I compare them with Compare With > Each Other in the emfdiff editor there is no differences. I've attached the models and the corresponding metamodel.

My configuration:
Eclipse Modeling Tools
Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

I've also tried with: Helios (EMF Compare 1.1.2) and I have the same result.

Re: No differences for different models ! [message #890211 is a reply to message #889474] Thu, 21 June 2012 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

The two models you've provided here are not valid EMF models (right-click their root > validate). Specifically, the "observers" Object contain actions that have a "by" reference that is set to be of type "ifconf:Pid"... but point towards "ifconf:Instance" Objects. (Either that or your metamodel is not valid and "Action.by" should not be of "Pid" type. You should have exceptions logged in your error log when you try and compare these models.

As these models are now, we cannot reproduce the issue from our side.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: No differences for different models ! [message #890228 is a reply to message #890211] Thu, 21 June 2012 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help, you're right !
I have just deleted the problematic elements (I will solve this pb later) and know I'm able to compare them.
But when I store the results as .emfdiff file it is 4 times bigger than my models (the models are nearly 400 bytes and the emfdiff is 1.5 M bytes) ! is there a way to store only the elements that doesn't match ?
Re: No differences for different models ! [message #891527 is a reply to message #890228] Mon, 25 June 2012 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

No, with EMF Compare 1, the comparison stores all referenced objects from all two/three models and cannot be trimmed. This is something which we aim at enhancing with the ongoing development of EMF Compare 2.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: No differences for different models ! [message #891754 is a reply to message #891527] Mon, 25 June 2012 19:17 Go to previous message
Thanks for your clarification

El Arbi
Previous Topic:How Do I Get Selections From the CompareEditor?
Next Topic:Naming Concept Left/Right
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:32:22 GMT 2024