Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Drupal html.tpl.php makes Eclipse non-responsive / need to kill Eclipse
Drupal html.tpl.php makes Eclipse non-responsive / need to kill Eclipse [message #884019] Sat, 09 June 2012 23:03 Go to next message
Marc Bauer is currently offline Marc BauerFriend
If I try to open html.tpl.php from Drupal 7 - Eclipse becomes non-responsive. It never recover and you need to kill the process and need to switch to Notepad++ if you need to view or edit this file. Mad

I'm using latest 3.0.0 with Indigo SR2.

Is this a known issue that is fixed in the upcomming 3.1 or at least a known issue where a workaround exist?

As Example I'm attaching the file.
  • Attachment: html.tpl.php
    (Size: 2.64KB, Downloaded 285 times)
Re: Drupal html.tpl.php makes Eclipse non-responsive / need to kill Eclipse [message #884387 is a reply to message #884019] Mon, 11 June 2012 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
I don't know why but pdt tends to download xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd and 27 files. It takes toooo long time. Maybe they will be downloaded and cached sometime... (probably timeout and retry occurs forever)

Since freezing is really bad, I built a small plugin as a workaround. Download this file and move it into 'dropins' folder({eclipse_installed_folder}/dropins). This plugin adds XML Catalog(you can see them Preferences>XML>XML Catalog). Try it at your own risk.
Re: Drupal html.tpl.php makes Eclipse non-responsive / need to kill Eclipse [message #884541 is a reply to message #884387] Mon, 11 June 2012 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has this bug fixed in 3.1 and if not are there plans to fix ASAP? I cannot really work with Eclipse...
Re: Drupal html.tpl.php makes Eclipse non-responsive / need to kill Eclipse [message #884984 is a reply to message #884541] Tue, 12 June 2012 08:11 Go to previous message
It looks like your workaround works well. So again - why is this not inside an official branch or is it and what version fixes this bug?
Previous Topic:Eclipse consumes 100% CPU
Next Topic:Adding specifc source files to certain project, by code.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:15:00 GMT 2024