Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » A small Annoyance
A small Annoyance [message #882581] Wed, 06 June 2012 19:22 Go to next message
Robert Brown III is currently offline Robert Brown IIIFriend
Greetings:

I am a person who tends to use several different perspectives during my development efforts. In earlier versions of Eclipse, I was able to change the docking of the perspective buttons by right- clicking on them. When I right- clicked, I would get a menu that had a "Dock On" item and a checked "Show Text" item. I would select "Dock On"->"Top Left", which gave my perspective toolbar enough space to show all the perspectives I happened to be using.

It appears that this capability has been removed in Juno.

Now when I right click on the perspective buttons, I just get the checked "Show Text" item. There is apparently no way now to move the perspectives to the top left. This is somewhat annoying because I really don't want to be forced to use a menu to switch between perspectives -- which is what comes up when the perspectives are on the top right of the window.

Has the ability to change the position of the perspective buttons been completely removed? If not, what is the new procedure required to utilize it? If it has been completely removed (and my shlogging through reams and reams of help text would indicate that it has) then where do I have to go to request that it be put back in???

Please advise!

Re: A small Annoyance [message #883458 is a reply to message #882581] Fri, 08 June 2012 15:16 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Dragging around the perspective switcher will come back: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=314163

PW

Previous Topic:Customizing Toolbar Views
Next Topic:Custom @Injection problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:34:53 GMT 2024