Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Runtime inconsistent translation for preference page(Preference page seems to be inconsistently translated during runtime)
Runtime inconsistent translation for preference page [message #882457] Wed, 06 June 2012 13:54
Thomas C. Franke is currently offline Thomas C. FrankeFriend
Hi,

I've following "maybe issue" found - maybe my fault or maybe incorrect/featured implementation on org.eclipse.ui.

Szenario:
Own eclipse RCP application with Babel org.eclipse.babel... feature (de and en).

Start application with "-nl de" on an english operating system (means default locate is automatically set to "en_US".
GUI is translated into german for most parts. Menu: Fenster>Benutzervorgaben O.K.
BUT: preferences page itself is printed with title "Preferences" and "Apply"... buttons

When calling the application with "-nl de -vmargs -Duser.language=de" everything is translated into german.

V.v. occurs if I call the allication with "-nl en -vmargs -Duser.language=de": Everything is english, BUT the preference page title and buttons.

It seems that in preference page not the OSGI NLS service is used for string translation evaluated at startup time of application but the default locale is used during runtime.

I thought that the translation of strings is done using this "NLS.initializeMessages..." which evaliates the "-nl" parameter and not the default locale. Or am I wrong with it?

Is that a feature or a bug? Can anyone reproduce the behavior?

thx

thomas
Previous Topic:Next release
Next Topic:How to add a new project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:10:45 GMT 2024