Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Update Call stored procedure parameter name length issue(Mapping update query to SP may fail because of an undocumented limitation)
icon5.gif  Update Call stored procedure parameter name length issue [message #881386] Mon, 04 June 2012 12:55 Go to next message
Matej Liszka is currently offline Matej LiszkaFriend
My web application project requires mapping of update queries to stored procedures in Oracle (instead of directly generated update queries), using Oracle 10 and ojdbc14. EclipseLink version is 2.3.2. When I wanted to implement and verify the solution on one of entity classes, I found out that some (something like 15) of 60 storage procedure parameters could not be bound (which was also reported in the log).
At the end I found out that most probably the total lenght of parameter names was the cause (each approximately of 10-30 characters). When I used the shortest parameter names possible like p01..p60 in my stored procedure, it suddenly started working as expected.
Is it a known limitation or a well hidden bug?

I am sorry for not including more info but I really do not want to publish my database structure here and I have no time to make more debug on a separate test project at the moment (maybe later). I believe that the problem can be replicated even with this brief description.
Re: Update Call stored procedure parameter name length issue [message #881951 is a reply to message #881386] Tue, 05 June 2012 14:31 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

This sounds like a database issue, the database may have a maximum SQL string size that you are somehow exceeding. You will need to use the shorter parameter names.

Including the generated SQL, and your code would help.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:@CascadeOnDelete and DDL generation on PostgreSQL
Next Topic:Update Query stored procedure cannot transparently handle nullable values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 19:08:23 GMT 2024