Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » javascriptDev(linked handler from other project do not update)
javascriptDev [message #879481] Thu, 31 May 2012 09:49 Go to next message
Trond Einar Nilsen is currently offline Trond Einar NilsenFriend
Hi,

I have two projects in the workspace and project2 linkes a handler from project1. This is working fine, but when I changed the handler in project1, the change do not reflect in project2. I have tried to clean, remove the reference to the handler and re-insert the reference. After some digging I found that the handler with the old layout is located in javascriptDev that is hidden from ProjectExplorer. If I remove the handler from this folder I get errors when opening the project.
Is there a way to force regenerate of the content in javascriptDev?
I am currently using 0.8.0.v201204061050
Rgds Trond

[Updated on: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: javascriptDev [message #879756 is a reply to message #879481] Thu, 31 May 2012 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
Hi Trond,

To force regeneration of javascriptDev, run a Project > Clean. This folder is hidden because we don't want you deleting it, it's needed by the IDE for the visual editor and debugger (the generated files contain a lot of extra code used by these features that you don't want in your deployed application).

As for your root problem, let's call them handlers "A" and "B", where "B" is using "A". When you changed "A", did you refresh "B"? I think that the visual editor will only automatically update the display when you modify the file being viewed, and if you modify dependent files (like another handler it uses) you will have to click the refresh button.

-Justin
Re: javascriptDev [message #879968 is a reply to message #879756] Fri, 01 June 2012 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trond Einar Nilsen is currently offline Trond Einar NilsenFriend
Thanks for you suggestions Justin. I tried, but unfortunatly it did not work. However, I renamed "A" and then it was shown correctly in "B". Then I renamed "A" back to the originally name and old version was back (in "B"), but when I again renamed "A" and changed it, the change was reflected also in "B". Conclusion is, I think, that now it workes as it should. Something has "locked up" with original "A", but as it workes as it should with renamed "A", problem is solved Smile
/Trond
Re: javascriptDev [message #882030 is a reply to message #879968] Tue, 05 June 2012 16:53 Go to previous message
Justin Spadea is currently offline Justin SpadeaFriend
While I'd still like to find what went wrong in the first place, I'm glad it's working for you now.

-Justin
Previous Topic:Continue getting "Can't find bundle for base name ..., locale en_US" problem
Next Topic:Error in function addDays? (only javascript)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:20:36 GMT 2024