Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Stack view with editor in eclipse 3.5.
Stack view with editor in eclipse 3.5. [message #877981] Mon, 28 May 2012 08:37 Go to next message
Meghna Missing name is currently offline Meghna Missing nameFriend
In my RCP application, I have a view which displays a diagram based on the the file selected from Navigator view. The file opens in the separate editor area, but I want my diagram view & the editor to be stacked together as tabs.

In one of the tutorials it is mentioned that it is possible to stack a view with the editor area in eclipse 4.
However, I am using eclipse 3.5 and want to know if there a way to stack a view and editor in eclipse 3.5 as well.
Re: Stack view with editor in eclipse 3.5. [message #878175 is a reply to message #877981] Mon, 28 May 2012 18:47 Go to previous message
Simon Scholz is currently offline Simon ScholzFriend
Hello,

I am pretty sure this will not work for Eclipse 3.x, unless you alter the presentation layer of Eclipse, which would be too much effort for your desired feature.
Eclipse 4 no longer has an editor area, which must be defined for a perspective, so that you can also put editors in a ViewStack.

Best regards,

Simon
Previous Topic:Adding accelerator keys (how?)
Next Topic:Running extern binary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:49:48 GMT 2024