Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Customising Papyrus appearance
icon5.gif  Customising Papyrus appearance [message #876061] Wed, 23 May 2012 20:36 Go to next message
Konstantin Ribel is currently offline Konstantin RibelFriend
Hello all,

is it possible to customise the appearance of Papyrus. For example the stand alone version shows classes with a yellow background by default but the plug-in version does not. It is a little bit annoying to change the appearance of an element each time you paste it into a diagram.

I am currently using Papyrus 0.8.2. Each time I add an operation to a class and specify the arguments I need to change label customisation. Is there a way to set default appearance settings?

Thanks,
Konstantin
Re: Customising Papyrus appearance [message #876228 is a reply to message #876061] Thu, 24 May 2012 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Konstantin,

You can use the Papyrus preferences to specify the default appearance options for your elements.

Window -> Preferences -> Papyrus -> Diagrams

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Customising Papyrus appearance [message #876526 is a reply to message #876228] Thu, 24 May 2012 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Camille,

many thanks for the tip. This way I can influence the default settings for the appearance of classes etc. But the following questions remain open.

1. I could not find any global settings for the appearance of operation parameters. I would like to enable the name of a parameter and disable the modifiers.
  2. Further I could not figure out how to apply the global settings to existing diagrams. As soon as I add a new class to my diagram the global appearance applies to the new class, but the existing classes in the diagram do not get updated. Is there a simple way to change this?
  3. Is there a way to export these settings to import them into another workspace?

Konstantin
Re: Customising Papyrus appearance [message #878356 is a reply to message #876526] Tue, 29 May 2012 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Konstantin,

Quote:
I could not find any global settings for the appearance of operation parameters. I would like to enable the name of a parameter and disable the modifiers.

You need to go a little deeper in the Diagram preferences, to find the "Operation" item :

Diagrams > PapyrusUMLClassDiagram Diagram > Operation

There, you can customize the default label display (Visibility, Name, Parameter Direction, Modifiers and Parameter Type)

Quote:
Further I could not figure out how to apply the global settings to existing diagrams. As soon as I add a new class to my diagram the global appearance applies to the new class, but the existing classes in the diagram do not get updated. Is there a simple way to change this?

This is currently not possible. However, in Papyrus 0.9 (Which will be released in a few weeks, with Eclipse Juno), there is a support for CSS Stylesheets, which is more powerful than the current preferences-based customization.

Quote:
Is there a way to export these settings to import them into another workspace?

Eclipse allows you to export your workspace preferences. Use "Export -> General -> Preferences", then choose "Export all" (Papyrus doesn't provide a specific category here...)

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Customising Papyrus appearance [message #878876 is a reply to message #878356] Wed, 30 May 2012 05:39 Go to previous message
Hello Camille,

That sounds good. Many thanks!

Konstantin
Previous Topic:Papyrus and manipulation
Next Topic:C++ Code Generation With Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:09:44 GMT 2024