Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » How to import Bundle or Package in BundleManifestEditor
How to import Bundle or Package in BundleManifestEditor [message #875870] Wed, 23 May 2012 13:33 Go to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi,
I am using Virgo tooling in order to publish some OSGI Bundles to a Virgo Server configured in Eclipse. My experience is that it is not possible to import workspace bundles which I have in my workspace into the manifest of another bundle. For example I have OsgiBundleA and OsgiBundleB in my workspace. I open OsgiBundleB Manifest.mf with the respective editor, switch to the dependencies page and try to add OsgiBundleA as an imported bundle. It cannot be added via the add button and if I add it manually in the Manifest.mf I get an error saying that it cannot be resolved. Same is true for an import of a package which OsgiBundleA exports.
This is also true for the greenpages example, although somehow there it is possible to add the greenpages package at least manually.

Does anybody have similar problems or even better a solution to this?

Regards,
Thorsten
Re: How to import Bundle or Package in BundleManifestEditor [message #875926 is a reply to message #875870] Wed, 23 May 2012 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
I think we actually had a bug on this one a few months ago. I can't look it up right now but you might look at the older forum postings and I'll look at open bugs as soon as I have a chance. Leo, do you remember if there was a solution for this issue?
Re: How to import Bundle or Package in BundleManifestEditor [message #880178 is a reply to message #875926] Fri, 01 June 2012 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eduardo Frazão is currently offline Eduardo FrazãoFriend
Please, any news about this?
I think that I will switch back from tooling 2.1.

Note: Import packages manually (in the manifest) works.
Re: How to import Bundle or Package in BundleManifestEditor [message #880203 is a reply to message #880178] Fri, 01 June 2012 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
One thing about manual package import: In my test projects described above, manual package import does not work. I get the error message that the respective bundle cannot be resolved. Maybe the reason is that I am not using maven for these projects. In case of the greenpages example manual package import indeed works. But there we have a dependency between the projects via the maven dependencies. That might be the reason why in that certain case the manual dependency can be resolved.
Re: How to import Bundle or Package in BundleManifestEditor [message #880221 is a reply to message #880203] Fri, 01 June 2012 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eduardo Frazão is currently offline Eduardo FrazãoFriend
Hi @Thorsten Schlathölter

To work, you need to put a Project reference on the project that is importing packages from.

On the project preferences, seek by "Project References" and mark the project that is exporting packages.
Later, you can import packages on the manifest manually.

Don't forget to add the two projects on Virgo (on the server tab).
Re: How to import Bundle or Package in BundleManifestEditor [message #891786 is a reply to message #880221] Mon, 25 June 2012 22:48 Go to previous message
Leo Dos Santos is currently offline Leo Dos SantosFriend
Hello Thorsten, Eduardo

This was a bug that was introduced at some point before milestone 4. We've corrected it for the final release coming up.

381417: Cant import packages from another bundles on workspace
htt ps://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=381417
Previous Topic:Virgo Tomcat Server and Web Sockets
Next Topic:Error configuring application listener: ClassNotFoundException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:38:20 GMT 2024