Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Jboss problems with javax.servlet
Jboss problems with javax.servlet [message #871570] Mon, 14 May 2012 12:53 Go to next message
Sean Gilley is currently offline Sean GilleyFriend
Okay, having completed my little RAP application, I'm now trying to get it to work on a "real" Jboss server. I read and reread about the potential issues, and read about the problem of having javax.servlet being a required bundle and not imported, and that allowed me to resolve the issue with one bundle.

Problem is, there's another bundle, the entry point to the application, that I can't get to resolve.

Originally in that bundle, javax.servlet was a required package, as was javax.servlet.http. I removed them from being requirements in the MANIFEST.MF and added:

Import-Package: javax.servlet, java.servlet.http

However, when I copy the app into Jboss, it shows up as installed, not active, and when I try to start it, I get:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle "org.cas.esops_1.0.0 [2]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: javax.servlet; bundle-version="2.5.0" [...]

So, what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Sean.
Re: Jboss problems with javax.servlet [message #871718 is a reply to message #871570] Mon, 14 May 2012 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some additional information.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do now. The entry point always is unresolved, and the graphviewer part -- the main application -- is always okay. Even after a Jboss restart.

There was some mention of an application home directory and the need to remove it on one of the pages I found today, but I can't anything except in a temp directory, and a new version of that gets created each time I deploy the war file.

Could I be running into some Jboss persistence of data?

Sean.
Re: Jboss problems with javax.servlet [message #871724 is a reply to message #871570] Mon, 14 May 2012 18:44 Go to previous message
Figured it out.

After some very careful reading of the server.log file, I found the directory that needed to be removed. Removed it, redeployed the war, all was mostly well.

Sean.
Previous Topic:Jaas Login integration refresh problem
Next Topic:How to disable the whole application.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:59:50 GMT 2024