Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot download any plugins at all
Cannot download any plugins at all [message #871465] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:53 Go to next message
Bill Carson is currently offline Bill CarsonFriend
I am unable to download any plugins for Eclipse through Install New Software, or via Marketplace. The specific plugin I am after is Run-Jetty-Run, but after some testing, I noticed I couldn't download anything, even from the Eclipse update sources.

I'm running the latest version of Indigo, and am using Win7 64-bit. My machine is behind a router and running AVG Free.
Things I have already tried:
Forwarding port 4000
Running Eclipse as Administrator
Adding exception for Eclipse in Windows Firewall
Reinstalling Eclipse
Updating Java fully

When trying to download the sources for RJR, I get a "Provisioning exception" in the error log, but no pop-up message. The trace is huge, will post if necessary. Eventually I get to the screen where I accept the license agreement, and the download starts but hangs at a step labeled Fetching [repository URL]. After a time, I get this pop-up error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=). Unable to read repository at [repository jar]. Read timed out Unable to read repository at [repository jar]. Read timed out Unable to read repository at [repository jar]. Read timed out

[I am unable to post the repository link because of my post count]

I know this is not the repository itself that is failing - every plugin I have tried to load has failed in an analogous way with the same sort of error message, and I can download the jars just fine through Firefox.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cannot download any plugins at all [message #1007152 is a reply to message #871465] Mon, 04 February 2013 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Walters is currently offline Mark WaltersFriend
Hi Bill,
did you ever manage to figure this out?
I'm seeing this now with various Eclipse plugins - can't install with same error message.
I've tried the various things you mentioned as well.

Thanks,
Mark.
Re: Cannot download any plugins at all [message #1007752 is a reply to message #1007152] Thu, 07 February 2013 12:17 Go to previous message
Mark Walters is currently offline Mark WaltersFriend
Hi Bill,
I found my problem was the version of Java in my path and JAVA_HOME setting. I downloaded the latest java 6 to work with Eclipse 3.6.2 and now all is well.

Ta,
Mark.
Previous Topic:Read from Console in SWTBoT
Next Topic:Trouble with Android Plug-Ins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:09:38 GMT 2024