Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Where to to get source code for Eclipse plugins
Where to to get source code for Eclipse plugins [message #871278] Fri, 11 May 2012 17:53 Go to next message
osupka osupka is currently offline osupka osupkaFriend
I want to debug the PDT plugin from the standard Eclipse PDT bundle. When I install the plugin through "Install New Software" it installs only the binary, but not the source code. When I go to debug some command from this plugin (for ex. Source->Format on a PHP file) and come to a method from that plugin (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.format.StructuredFormattingStrategy) I cannot go inside it. I get "the jar of this class file belongs to container External Plugins which does not allow modifications to source attachments on it's entries". Is this because I do not have the source code for that binary?

I am sure there must be a way to automatically include the source code for any installed plugin. Help me?
Re: Where to to get source code for Eclipse plugins [message #871285 is a reply to message #871278] Fri, 11 May 2012 18:36 Go to previous message
osupka osupka is currently offline osupka osupkaFriend
I found the solution. You need Web Tools Platform SDK, which is installed through Install New Software from repository download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/indigo/
Previous Topic:Action on open file
Next Topic:Create a Maven - Spring Project Wizard Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:23:09 GMT 2024