Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » some newbie questions...
icon5.gif  some newbie questions... [message #869908] Fri, 04 May 2012 18:09 Go to next message
dav dav is currently offline dav davFriend
Hi,

I'm very new to Xtext ,I have some questions regarding Xtext:

1. Is there anywhere grammar samples for Xtext for something like tiny c(like in antlr), or some other programming language, like pascal,basic etc.

2. Can I find somewhere list of most common errors and their explanation (e.x.An unassigned rule call is not allowed, when the 'current' was already created)

3.Can I create terminal rules (they're something like lexer rules, right?) in a same xtext file where I define grammar? (by deleting with org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals to have my own set) ?

Thanks for help
Re: some newbie questions... [message #869919 is a reply to message #869908] Fri, 04 May 2012 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,
welcome to Xtext

(1) have a look at http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/community/ for some example projects using Xtext. I do not know of any c adaptions (preprocessor hell) but e.g. Eclipse Xtend is built with Xtext
(2) hi, i do not knoe of such and explicit list. but feel free to ask questions here or search the web for blogs, docu etc.
(3) yes you can.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: some newbie questions... [message #870047 is a reply to message #869919] Sun, 06 May 2012 00:47 Go to previous message
dav dav is currently offline dav davFriend
Hi,

Thanks for answers.

Regarding 1. I was looking for just small subset of c, not whole language, but I think I found what I was looking for under the link provided, so thank you.

Now, for most common errors, I guess I'll ask as I run into them Wink

Thanks again,
Dav
Previous Topic:questions about JvmModelInferrer
Next Topic:Nested EPackage in ECore model cannot be imported in XText
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:02:17 GMT 2024