Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Where is the javax.persistence in EclipseLink?
Where is the javax.persistence in EclipseLink? [message #860360] Sat, 28 April 2012 02:51 Go to next message
Rudolf Schmidt is currently offline Rudolf SchmidtFriend
Hey guys,

installing eclipselink through the indigo repo or through the update link from EclipseLink, I have not been able to use the persistence annodation in my java source code.

either i had to import the javax.persistence2*.jar from the eclipse plugin folder or to import the javax.persistence2*.jar from another source.

so iam wondering. why can eclipse not use the javax.persistence2.*jar automatecly? what is the advantage to installing eclipselink if i have to import extern libraries from eclipselink project.
Re: Where is the javax.persistence in EclipseLink? [message #860677 is a reply to message #860360] Sat, 28 April 2012 06:32 Go to previous message
Tom Eugelink is currently offline Tom EugelinkFriend
The javax.persistence is the result of an expert group defining and describing how persistence should work (JSR 220 and 317). This is technically implemented as the javax.persistence interfaces and annotations, Eclipselink is an implementation of these interfaces. So that is the reason why these are not part of Eclipselink, but a separate entity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Persistence_API

If you use Maven then the Eclipselink artifact will reference the persistence artifact it uses, but if you set it up manually, you will need to add it manually.

Tom

On 2012-04-28 04:51, Rudolf Schmidt wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> installing eclipselink through the indigo repo or through the update link from EclipseLink, I have not been able to use the persistence annodation in my java source code.
> either i had to import the javax.persistence2*.jar from the eclipse plugin folder or to import the javax.persistence2*.jar from another source.
> so iam wondering. why can eclipse not use the javax.persistence2.*jar automatecly? what is the advantage to installing eclipselink if i have to import extern libraries from eclipselink project.
Previous Topic:Madness with compound primary key
Next Topic:SequenceGenerator Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:44:34 GMT 2024