Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Disable Automatic Fragment Resolution
Disable Automatic Fragment Resolution [message #855512] Tue, 24 April 2012 22:16 Go to next message
Jeremy Erdmann is currently offline Jeremy ErdmannFriend
Hi,

I'm installing a set of bundles using a plan in Virgo. Virgo automatically pulls in all related fragments from my repository.

I have many fragments that are optional and I do not want them pulled in automatically. Is there any way to disable this behavior? I just want to explicitly list the fragments I want in my plan file.
Re: Disable Automatic Fragment Resolution [message #865648 is a reply to message #855512] Mon, 30 April 2012 14:01 Go to previous message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

There isn't any way to do this at present, both fragments and optional dependencies must be wired to a bundle when it is being resolved. Changing that after resolution requires your bundle to be refreshed. We have looked at a way of marking a plan as being transitively complete (disable auto provisioning) that would do some of what you want. It would stop fragments from attaching as long as they aren't already installed in the framework. This will be available in the upcoming 3.5.0 release. Have a look at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=315869 for more details.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Previous Topic:Fail to load bundle from repository
Next Topic:trouble changing the greenpages sample to use hibernate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:38:05 GMT 2024