Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Best way of running Jubula test cases in continuous integration enviroment
Best way of running Jubula test cases in continuous integration enviroment [message #854946] Tue, 24 April 2012 11:36 Go to next message
Richard Skoog is currently offline Richard SkoogFriend
Hi,

We're using Jenkins as continuous integration environment, and I would like know the best way of running Jubula test cases on the builds. Probably many people already are doing this, so please advice.

I can start my application with "autrun" and I can run a testsuite with "testexec", but what is the optimal way of running Jubula test cases on the jenkins builds? Should "autrun" and "testexec" be used and how in that case or is there any other easier ways?

I have tried "autrun" followed by "testexec" using "autid", but then the application isn't closed after finished test suite. Closing of the application when the test suite is finished is only done when using "testexec" with a configuration set in Jubula. Is this correct or is there any way to close the application even when testing via "autrun" followed by "testexec" using "autid"?

Regards Richard
Re: Best way of running Jubula test cases in continuous integration enviroment [message #854998 is a reply to message #854946] Tue, 24 April 2012 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Richard,

you can stop a running AUT by stopping the AUT Agent that started this AUT. This should also terminate the autrun process.
Oliver
Re: Best way of running Jubula test cases in continuous integration enviroment [message #855025 is a reply to message #854998] Tue, 24 April 2012 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
There is also often the option of actually stopping the AUT by e.g. File -> Exit.
The success of this will depend on your AUT - we do confirm clicks, so it could be the case that the connection to the AUT is lost before the click is confirmed, which would result in a Test Suite failing. It can be somewhat of a racing condition, but I have worked with teams where the fail has never occurred. You can also work with actions that are not confirmed (anything with "external" is not confirmed, e.g. external key combination, external keyboard input). Using that you can press e.g. Alt F4 and / or ENTER to confirm the closing of the AUT if it shows a confirmation dialog.

If you 'just' need to not have a specific AUT in the foreground any more, then this blog (the part on switching AUTs) might help. There was also a forum thread on this topic a while back.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Best way of running Jubula test cases in continuous integration enviroment [message #856076 is a reply to message #855025] Wed, 25 April 2012 10:50 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Another thought - bear in mind as well that you *can* just use one Test Suite that contains all your use cases. Then you can have the AUT started automatically from a configuration when you use testexec. There is some more information on this in this thread.
Previous Topic:Example Jubula Client Extension for the Swing component "JSlider"
Next Topic:Problem starting a test suite from command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:43:04 GMT 2024