Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Display image on top of text or through text(Need this functionality to support checks printing from BIRT)
Display image on top of text or through text [message #853997] Mon, 23 April 2012 14:49 Go to next message
ivkina Mising name is currently offline ivkina Mising nameFriend
Hello,
This is BIRT 3.7.1. I need to address the following business requirement: display image control (in our case signature on a check) on top of the text control so the text is visible through the image. Please, see attached. Is that feasible in BIRT? We could do it in Actuate ErdPro. As to BIRT, controls placement, it seems like it does not allow you to put one control (an image) on top of another (text). The positioning of controls is Block/Inline/No Display (not sure what No Display is for - it seems it just removes the control like you never put at the first place...). Please, advice.

Thanks,
Alexey
Re: Display image on top of text or through text [message #854336 is a reply to message #853997] Mon, 23 April 2012 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Alexey,

Can you just use a background image? Take a look at the attached
example. Look at the advanced properties for text element and you will
see how I positioned the image. Put the image in your resource folder.

Jason

On 4/23/2012 10:49 AM, ivkina Mising name wrote:
> Hello,
> This is BIRT 3.7.1. I need to address the following business requirement: display image control (in our case signature on a check) on top of the text control so the text is visible through the image. Please, see attached. Is that feasible in BIRT? We could do it in Actuate ErdPro. As to BIRT, controls placement, it seems like it does not allow you to put one control (an image) on top of another (text). The positioning of controls is Block/Inline/No Display (not sure what No Display is for - it seems it just removes the control like you never put at the first place...). Please, advice.
>
> Thanks,
> Alexey
Re: Display image on top of text or through text [message #855117 is a reply to message #854336] Tue, 24 April 2012 14:35 Go to previous message
ivkina Mising name is currently offline ivkina Mising nameFriend
Thanks Jason! that works great. I just need to figure out how to do that dynamically, through scripting...I will give it a try. If I am stuck again I will probably post another question:)
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: SQL statement does not return a ResultSet objec
Next Topic:Updating SQL query at the run-time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:56:51 GMT 2024