Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EOL] How are models resolved in eol?(Regarding the "Create an OO model with EOL" example)
[EOL] How are models resolved in eol? [message #841069] Tue, 10 April 2012 21:39 Go to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hello,

The "Create an OO model with EOL" has brought this question. In the eol file one can see:

var m : new Model;
m.name := 'm';

In the launch (or the ant) the model has a name "OO". How does eol match the OO model to the m variable so that at the end the OO.model file contains m:Model as created in the eol file?

Regards,

Horacio

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: [EOL] How are models resolved in eol? [message #841761 is a reply to message #841069] Wed, 11 April 2012 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Horacio,

Model is an EClass in the OO metamodel. The EOL interpreter iterates through all the models it can access (in this case that is only the OO model) and calls their hasType("Model") method. The OO model returns "true" and then the interpreter calls its createInstance("Model") method which returns a new EObject conforming to the Model EClass. Does this perhaps answer your question?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [EOL] How are models resolved in eol? [message #841791 is a reply to message #841761] Wed, 11 April 2012 18:32 Go to previous message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Yep, thanks a lot Dimitris! I think you meant "metamodels" when u say that eol iterates through all the models it can access.

But now I wonder what happens if there are two or more metamodels with a "Model" EClass... I am guessing first find Wink.

Regards,

Horacio

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech

[Updated on: Wed, 11 April 2012 18:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem with providing variable to template
Next Topic:How to make a user-defined operation available to all my templates?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:01:18 GMT 2024