Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Split application model
Split application model [message #840762] Tue, 10 April 2012 13:36 Go to next message
Arthur Gurov is currently offline Arthur GurovFriend
Hi guys,

I'm new in e4 and I have a small question. In my existing project I have few plug-ins and each of this plug-ins provides some part of UI (as example, I have 2 perspectives and all parts, which related to concrette perspective are contained in own plug-in). Of course each plug-in has it own "plugin.xml" where UI parts are defined.

As I understood, now UI elements should be defined in Application.e4xmi file and link to this file should be defined in .product file. Am I missing something?

How I can split application model on few parts as it was done in eclipse rcp 3.7 (I mean that I want place at least one perspective and related to it parts into one plug-in and second perspective and related to it parts into another plug-in)?

p.s. sorry for my bad english Smile

Best regards, Arthur.
Re: Split application model [message #840765 is a reply to message #840762] Tue, 10 April 2012 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

See here for an example: Eclipse 4 Modularity
Re: Split application model [message #840806 is a reply to message #840765] Tue, 10 April 2012 14:32 Go to previous message
Arthur Gurov is currently offline Arthur GurovFriend
Thanks a lot! Exactly what I looking for Smile
Previous Topic:E4 DI best practices
Next Topic:Injecting a BundleContext
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:20:23 GMT 2024