Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Class Diagrams: changing operations and properties order(is it possible?)
Class Diagrams: changing operations and properties order [message #836552] Wed, 04 April 2012 16:11 Go to next message
Georg Konwisser is currently offline Georg KonwisserFriend
After adding some properties and operations to a class in a Class Diagram I would like to change the order of the added elements inside the class element. Dragging the elements around does not cause anything (well I can drag them into other class elements but that's not what I want).

I also tried to use the Model Explorer to drag the corresponding operation and property elements. In fact it is possible to change their order in Model Explorer but unfortunately it does not have any effect on the visual representation in the diagram.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to change the order in the diagram visualization?

The only workaround I figured out yet is creating a temporary new class object, moving the properties / operations into it and moving them back one by one in the corrected order. But that can't be the only possibility...
Re: Class Diagrams: changing operations and properties order [message #836562 is a reply to message #836552] Wed, 04 April 2012 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

It is currently not supported in the diagram. Another (easier) workaround would be to change the order via the ModelExplorer, hide the operations/properties from the Diagram (Right click -> Hide selected element), then drop them from the model explorer to the diagram.

Camille Letavernier
Re: Class Diagrams: changing operations and properties order [message #836682 is a reply to message #836562] Wed, 04 April 2012 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Georg Konwisser is currently offline Georg KonwisserFriend
That's easier, you're right. Thank you for the quick reply.
Re: Class Diagrams: changing operations and properties order [message #950198 is a reply to message #836562] Fri, 19 October 2012 18:13 Go to previous message
Laya eng is currently offline Laya engFriend
thank you so much Camille
it is so easy and helpful
Previous Topic:request reference in MARTE profile of UML using Papyrus
Next Topic:Transition from MicroFocus Together to Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 22:28:26 GMT 2024