Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » SVG export clipping text
SVG export clipping text [message #833071] Fri, 30 March 2012 23:24 Go to next message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
Hi there,

I realize this is a GMF/GEF/Draw2d issue but I was wondering what revision of those items are currently being used (right now I am using Graphiti 8.1). The issue is that on
export to svg some of my text is being clipped on the right hand side. In theory this was addressed by this ticket in GMF
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=315028

The claim was that it was resolved at version 2.3 of GMF. Is Graphiti using something later than that (in the GEF equivalent...)? The issue seemed to still persist for some folks after this ticket was closed (circa 2010).

Thanks, as always.
Joe
Re: SVG export clipping text [message #834747 is a reply to message #833071] Mon, 02 April 2012 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Graphiti 0.8.1 uses GEF 3.6/GEF 3.7 depending on which Eclipse you use
(Helios or Indigo are supported). With Graphiti 0.9 (coming for Juno) we
have upgraded to GEF 3.7 as minimum (default is GEF 3.8).

So, the bugfix you mention should be included (in fact it is rather old).
Maybe there are other things involved here?

Michael
Re: SVG export clipping text [message #835144 is a reply to message #834747] Mon, 02 April 2012 21:14 Go to previous message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
Thanks Michael,

I suspect you are correct, there is something else afoot here. But just to confirm, the export to SVG utility is coming out of GEF at version 3.7, at least. (I am using Indigo.)

Something that I have noted is that the SVG rendering on linux kind of, well, to be concise, it blows. Not sure why that is. But I am certain it is beyond the scope of graphiti.

Thanks,
Joe
Previous Topic:Saving vs Undo
Next Topic:Simple example of wrapping the diagram editor for a standalone Graphiti-based file editor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:31:52 GMT 2024