Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Debug inside eval function
Debug inside eval function [message #832963] Fri, 30 March 2012 19:53 Go to next message
jelas 99 is currently offline jelas 99Friend
Hi.
I try debug the php code inside eval function, but i get that error: "An internal error occurred during: "Searching for local file...".
Illegal or not full path:

It's possible debug that code?

Best Regards
Re: Debug inside eval function [message #896831 is a reply to message #832963] Fri, 20 July 2012 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Szczepan Holyszewski is currently offline Szczepan HolyszewskiFriend
Same problem here. It totally cripples the Eclipse PDT debugger, and it is a completely spurious error. The problem is that when you make a step, Eclipse asks Xdebug for the entire stack and tries to resolve source files of the functions in every stack frame. The problem is that eval'd code has no source file: the respective string in the stackframe data structure is empty. This is not an error condition but a situation that is very common in dynamic languages, but Eclipse debugger cannot handle this and there's no way to suppress the stupid message. Luckily you can dismiss it after every step (-80% to speed and concentration).
Re: Debug inside eval function [message #896855 is a reply to message #896831] Fri, 20 July 2012 07:24 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
I'm not sure what you are talking about, and I cannot reproduce such an error.
ZendDebugger doesn't allow step-into code inside eval(). So it is impossible to debug the code, but there is no error of course.
Xdebug allows step-into code inside eval(). The eval()'d code cannot be displayed of course, but there is no error. PHP editor is left as it is. Xdebug allows step-over also and each stackframe is available, variables can be changed as usual.
I cannot understand what's the problem.
Previous Topic:PHP+Apachi with eclipse - work it???
Next Topic:Eclipse crashes by typing $ in PHP file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:13:03 GMT 2024