Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Call Java methods from .jar in EWL(Calling .jar in EWL Wizards)
Call Java methods from .jar in EWL [message #826825] Thu, 22 March 2012 14:54 Go to next message
Paulo Alexandre is currently offline Paulo AlexandreFriend
Hi, everybody.

I would like ask you a help once again.

I'm using EWL wizards, and I want to call java code. These two tutorials works 100% fine
eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/call-java-from-epsilon/
epsilonblog.wordpress.com/2007/12/16/using-java-objects-in-eol/

But when I try to use a .jar , I add the required .jar and I'm able to compile successfully.

But in runtime (I started another instance of eclipse) I get a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError". I know it's because the .jar cannot be found.

Some months ago, I was able to overcome this problem but now I simply forgot how to solve it. Can you help me?

In advance, I thank you!

Re: Call Java methods from .jar in EWL [message #827106 is a reply to message #826825] Thu, 22 March 2012 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

First thing that comes to mind is that the jar (I am guessing you added the jar to you project root) is being packaged in your plugin/project. Make sure the jar is checked/selected in the build tab when opening the plugin.xml or correctly added in the build path (if not a plugin project).

Regards,

Horacio

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: Call Java methods from .jar in EWL [message #885417 is a reply to message #827106] Wed, 13 June 2012 00:35 Go to previous message
Robson Silva is currently offline Robson SilvaFriend
Dear Paulo,

in the plugin.xml, tab runtime, 1) add your .jar as an Exported Package and 2) add it in the classpath.
This should work.
Previous Topic:Quick fix cannot find my editor
Next Topic:Building a graphical editor to compose and visualise Epsilon Workflows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 05:03:45 GMT 2024